Tuesday 20 January 2015

In Cold Blood



About
In Cold Blood is a (well known) book written by Truman Capote, it is said that this book made Capote's name.
This non-fiction book tells the story of the murder of a Kansas farmer and his family. 

Summary
Controversial and compelling. In Cold Blood reconstructs the murder in 1959 of a Kansas farmer, his wife and children. Truman Capote's comprehensive study of the killings and subsequent investigation explores the circumstances surrounding this terrible crime and the effect it had on those involved. At the centre of his study are the amoral young killers Perry Smith and Dick Hickock, who, vividly drawn by Capote, are shown to be reprehensible, yet entirely and frighteningly human.
Source: cover text. 


Review
My short personal review.
I enjoyed reading this book very much, even though my native language is not English, I wanted to read it in the language Capote wrote it so I read it in English.
This was one of the most emotional books I've ever read.A true dragging and hurting book you want to read in one time. One of the best books I've read. My advice for everyone: buy this book, read this book, and keep this book. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment